We will continue to have electronic auditions. There is no live audition. Groupings and music assignments will be decided by early July and music will be made available via parent’s email to all campers for practice prior to the camp.
Application Deadlines: (Please be mindful of the firm deadlines because grouping – and your group’s music will be selected right after.)
- Scholarships: June 5, 2020
- All applications: June 12, 2020
- Tuition payment due: July 1, 2020
- Qualified non-piano campers will be admitted on a first-come, rolling basis; whereas, piano campers will be admitted based on merit and seniority at this Camp at a date close to the deadline via Camp Director’s notification.
Your YouTube video may not exceed 7 minutes and should represent your highest technical and musical ability. This video alone will determine your music assignments. View instructions for Camp Auditions here. You should email the link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please set your YouTube video(s) to public viewing, and you may delete the video after July 15th. OPUS will try to accommodate your grouping preference (see “Applicant Options” on back of form).
PREPARATORY LESSON: On the 1st camp day (Sunday), each camper will receive a 15-minute one-on-one preparatory lesson (time to be determined by email to you) with a faculty member to work on your individual ensemble and/or orchestra part. You should have practiced your assigned music before coming. Sunday also includes registration, 1st chamber music coaching, Meet ‘n Greet, and Arts Connections Seminar. Plan to spend up to 6 hours. The Sunday sessions are required for all campers, and the cost is included in your camp tuition.
Apply online (preferred). Or, download & print the Admission Application Form and mail (to OPUS, PO Box 495, Naperville, IL 60566-0495).
Pre-formed Groups: Campers may apply as a pre-formed ensemble. Group placement is at the discretion of faculty.
- Application Fee: $30 (non-refundable) at the time of application
- Tuition: $680.00, except pianists pay $730
- Options available by request:
- ILMEA-Audition Preparation Class: Senior campers only. Minimum of 3 required. Before or After Camp time: M, Tu, Th. Pay $50 more;
- Flash Mob: Seniors and Juniors (memorize music before camp). 4:40-5:30 pm M, Tu, Th. Pay $50 more. You should expect to participate in at least one Flash Mob performance close to the camp time;
- Private Lessons: Available by request for $40/30 minute lesson.
- Tuition Reductions: Discounts are available to eligible campers:
- Sibling(s): $50 each; Past OPUS camper: $50.
- Additional Discount for Referrals: both the person who refers or the referred: $50; and one may refer up to 3 new campers* for a total of $150.
*Note: Referrals are for those who actually enroll. One camper can refer multiple campers, but not vice versa.
Scholarship awards are placed towards tuition reduction in addition to discount(s).
- Important: The deadline for tuition payment is July 1st, after OPUS provides you with an email indicating the tuition amount (including any discounts you qualified
- Refund Policy: Refund of tuition will not be issued after July 15th.